This document may be changed from time to time, so please check back to this policy to ensure you are happy with any changes made. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Who are we?
AKM Steels Ltd.
How do we collect your information?
- We collect data if an enquiry is made or an order is placed via the telephone, fax, email, post or through contact with one of our employees.
Information we collect:
- Personal information: your Name, Phone Number, E-mail address, Town/City, Postcode, Company, Job Title and Country.
- We also collect IP address details and information on website pages accessed and when. This includes details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to search strings, referring websites, entry and exit pages and other data. This is anonymous, aggregate statistical data that cannot be used to identify you personally.
Why do we collect data?
Any personal information that we collect and store, is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and services to you. The table below gives you further details. All our data is stored within our secure database and we take care to ensure that this information is protected.
|We may use your personal information to:||How we will process your personal information||Legal basis to process personal information|
|Provide you with information requested about our products and services, through our website, by phone, post or email. This may include providing a quotation for work.||We will need to use your contact information (such as your email address, postal address and phone number) to contact you in response to a request you make and to otherwise deal with your enquiry.||Contractual, or to take steps to enter into a future contract with you.|
|Provide you with products and services or speak with you regarding a previous project.||We will need to use your personal information to perform our obligations under a contract with you, for example where you are purchasing products and services from us.||Contractual|
|Contact you to tell you about our other products and services within our portfolio and / or to share our latest company news and developments||We will need to use your personal information (such as your email address and/or telephone number) to send you information about services that you may be of interest to you.||Legitimate Interest|
|To notify you of changes to our products or services||We will need to use your personal information (such as your email address and/or telephone number) to send you information about any changes to our products and services||Contractual and /or Legitimate Interest|
|Segmentation, analytics, marketing profiling||To provide targeted and appropriate marketing messages||Legitimate Interest|
|Analyse user traffic to measure use of our website and to improve the content of our websites and our services||We may use your personal information (e.g. your IP address) to measure use of our websites and assess the effectiveness of our site pages. We may also use this personal information to improve the content of our websites and services.||Legitimate Interest|
|Comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims||We may sometimes need to process personal information to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject.||Legitimate Interest|
Data for the purpose of project handling
For the purpose of contract fulfilment, personal data (e.g. contact name and phone number) collected by us may be transferred to an external transport company commissioned with the delivery, provided this is required for delivering the goods.
How long do we hold data for?
We hold your data on our system as long as necessary for the current shared interest to apply, or unless you, the customer ask us to remove the data. Personal information held about you in connection with potential sales, including marketing prospect data, is held for a period of 3 years where there has been no positive interaction with you.
Who will your data be shared with?
- We will not sell or rent your data to third parties and we will not share your data with external agencies for marketing.
- We do however share delivery details with external transport companies to be able to deliver your orders. We will always use a reputable service that complies with GDPR.
- Where applicable, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
• Where we are legally required to do so.
• To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Your data choices and rights:
We always offer customers a choice to receive information from us. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, please check the relevant box located on the form where we collect your information and / or any subsequent communication from us.
We offer unsubscribe and opt out options on all our marketing materials and you can either select the opt out feature or call us on 01226 766766 or email on email@example.com to stop receiving any communications.
- Right to be informed: You have the right to know how and why A.D. Bird Stainless Ltd are collecting and processing your personal data, how long we will keep it and who we will share it with. Details of this are above.
- Right of access: You have a right to a copy of that data and to know whether we are processing your data. We would need as much information as possible to enable us to locate your data. We will respond to your request within 28 days of receipt of your request.
- Right to rectify: You have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected. You can make this request verbally or in writing. We will need as much information as possible to enable us to locate your data. We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase personal data where there is no valid reason for us to keep it. We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your data, based on:
- Legitimate Interest / legal task. Your request needs to detail your particular situation. We will comply with your right to object unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Direct marketing (including any profiling we undertake for the purposes of direct marketing). You have an absolute right to ask us to stop processing for the purposes of direct marketing. We will action your request as soon as possible.
- Scientific/historical research and statistics – your objection should be based on your particular situation. We will comply with your right to object unless we are conducting research where the processing is necessary for the performance of a public task.
We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request.
Links to other third-party websites
Our website may contain links to other external companies’ websites of interest. However, once you have used these links and leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites as the content of third-party websites is the responsibility of their respective owners and operators and they should have their own privacy policies. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information or for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of visiting third-party websites, such as that resulting from viruses or malware.
This policy was last updated in April 2020
Our website uses “cookies” to improve performance and make your experience on our website more user-friendly, effective and secure, e.g. to accelerate navigation. Furthermore, cookies allow us to measure the frequency of website visits as well as general navigation.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device. A cookie may be a session cookie, a cookie that remains on your browser while you are logged on to a website, and then disappears when you close your browser. It may also be a Persistent Cookie, that remains on your browser over a period of time and allows us to recognise your computer system during your next visit. Information from cookies may be collected and used in aggregate form, or data may be collected into an individual profile or record.
You may certainly decline these cookies at any time. Most modern browsers offer you ways to control or block cookies. These browser controls will usually be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or to any information about you other than data you choose to share with us.
To gather the relevant information we use Google Analytics. Details of security for this can be found can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy